Basic chicken katsu doesn’t usually contain a filling, but I am going to show you my favorite way to cook.
Yield: 2 servings
Time: 20 minutes
- Two pieces of chicken breast (3/4 lb each)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup Panko (or breadcrumbs)
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- Caesar salad dressing
- Open each chicken breast and season both sides with salt and pepper
- Spread the butter, green onion cheese and soy sauce on one the inside of the chicken breast and fold it back together
- Sprinkle flour on both sides of each chicken breast then dredge in egg. Cover with Panko.
- Heat oil to 375°F (190°C) and fry chicken until golden brown (about 3 minutes on each side)
- Remove chicken, cover with aluminum foil, and let sit on a plate for 3 minutes.
- Drizzle Caesar dressing on the chicken and serve!