8/20/2009

Pork Shiso (Butaniku to Oba no Itamemono)

This dish is extremely fast and easy to make, and very tasty. Adding the shiso leaves and sesame oil imparts a strong, fresh, almost peppery mint flavor.

Yield: 2 servings
Time: 15 minutes


Ingredients

  • 3 pork chops (1/2" slices)
  • 8 shiso leaves (1/2" slices)
Spices
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp mirin
  • 1 tbsp sake
  • 1 tbsp flour
  • 1 tbsp sesame oil
Preparation
  1. Mix soy sauce, sake, mirin, flour in a small bowl and add sliced pork
  2. Heat olive oil in a pan and fry pork and sauce until cooked through
  3. Add chopped shiso and sesame oil and cook for 1 minute
  4. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with steamed rice

2 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely wonderful! I've got shiso growing in my backyard, so I'll have to make this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to grow shiso too! Any tips? I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete