Yield: 8 servings
Time: 40 minutes
- 1/2 lb pork fillet
- 2 small potatoes
- 1 tbsp panko (or bread crumbs)
- 1 tbsp Japanese mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp okonomiyaki sauce (ketchup/BBQ works too)
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- dash salt and pepper
- Boil potatoes until they are soft inside (about 20 minutes) You can check a potato's softness by trying to push a chopstick through the middle. Then remove the skin and mash.
- Mix potatoes with mayonnaise, add a dash of salt and pepper, and mix
- Cut the pork into eight 1" pieces and dust with salt and pepper on both sides
- Heat the oil in the frying pan, then brown the pork on both sides (so the pork is medium well)
- Top the pork with mashed potatoes and breadcrumbs then bake for 8 minutes on 475 F.
- While the pork and potatoes are cooking, mix okonomiyaki sauce, oyster sauce, & milk, and heat it in the frying pan
- Add the sauce to the cooked pork and potatoes and serve!