Yield: 2 servings
Time: 25 minutes
- Two packages of yakisoba noodles
- 2.5 oz sliced pork (65g)
- 12 pieces of shrimp (peeled)
- 1/2 medium onion (sliced)
- 1 1/2 cup chopped cabbage
- 1 clove of garlic (chopped)
- Bonito (if desired)
- 6 tsp oyster sauce
- 6 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- dash of pepper
- Mix spices together in small bowl
- Separate yakisoba noodles. If frozen or clumped together, use hot water to untangle.
- Boil onion and cabbage for 4 minutes and strain
- Heat oil in frying pan then sautee garlic for 1 minute, or until fragrant
- Add sliced pork until it is cooked through, then add shrimp, onion, and cabbage, then cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in yakisoba noodles and fry for 3 minutes
- Mix in spices and serve with bonito (if desired)
- To thicken the sauce you can use okonomiyaki sauce, the powder which comes with most yakisoba noodles, or Worcester.
- You may substitute pork with chicken, beef, or sausage, and the vegetables with any other type.
- Some shrimp is very pungent. You can remove this smell by marinating it in lemon juice, and sake or white wine for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.