9/29/2009

Miso Soup with Taro (Satoimo no Miso Shiru)

Miso soup is called “misoshiru” in Japanese. It is a traditional Japanese soup in which we use dashi for the base, then mix with miso paste. I used satoimo (small taro) for the soup this time, it is little different taste than potato miso soup. Taro becomes soft and sticky!

Yield:
4 servings
Time:
10 minutes


Ingredients

  • 4 saitomo
  • 4 oz Aburaage (deep fried tofu)
  • 1 green onion (chopped)
Spices
  • 1 tsp Hondashi
  • 1.5 tbsp miso paste
Preparation
  1. Boil 2 cups of water with taro until taro gets soft (about 3 minutes)
  2. Add hon-dashi
  3. Add miso and stir, then add green onion. Adjust miso to taste, and serve!

2 comments:

  1. Haha....I found myself buying different ingredients for dinner according to what you posted online. I bought some taro last night after reading this recipe. I will try to make this soup for tonight dinner.

    ReplyDelete