Yield: 3 servings
Time: 15 minutes
- 1 1/4 Udon noodles
- 1/4 Aburaage (thin dried tofu) (2” slices)
- 1/2 green onion (sliced lengthwise and chopped—see picture)
- 1/2 oz ground ginger
- 5 cups dashi soup or 5 cups hot water and 1/4 oz (8g) hondashi powder
- 1 tbsp sake
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp katakuriko (mixed with 5 tbsp water)
- For dry Udon noodles, boil for the recommended time on the package. If the noodles are fresh, only boil for 2 minutes to separate.
- Boil dashi soup then add sake, mirin, sugar, salt, soy sauce, and mix
- Add katakuriko to thicken the soup
- Add aburaage and ginger
- Transfer Udon noodles to a bowl. If the noodles are stuck together, loosen with a little hot water and strain.
- Sprinkle green onions on top and serve!